Thursday, January 22, 2009

Into the Light


Inauguration Day 2009



Totally freezing but totally worth it. It's exciting to see people on the move toward one goal: a better America. It's even more incredible that one man can draw such a clear image of hope and possibility for all of us. Obama is a rockstar. But then again, Reverand Lowery rocked it pretty well too. Like him, I pray:
"Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around -- when yellow will be mellow -- when the red man can get ahead, man -- and when white will embrace what is right."

:)

We (Logan, Jessica, Steve and I) started off at 7am in the morning and barely made it to the back of the mall. As you can see in the picture above, our view of the capitol building was obstructed... by a whole lot of space...

But despite the distance, cold, and crowded space, I would like to say,
"Cheers to the president and all the new possibilities!"


x0x0x
The Mellow Yellow


Ps... Hey Obama, can I stay?...

2 comments:

  1. I had a chat with Barack, he said you can totally stay, if you live in Chattanooga. I'll get your room ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... Thanks Ash. I want my room painted princess purple. Just like old times.

    ReplyDelete